Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242646
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Spokane
Other Locations: United States-Idaho-Moscow, United States-Washington-Pullman
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Service Specialist performs technical service agreement tasks, and scheduled assignments to ensure that a customer’s building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position will support our customer base in Moscow, ID, and the Pullman and Spokane, WA, areas.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Prices, proposes, and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, automation system programming, creation of building automation system graphics and sequence of operation verification during the commissioning process. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Participates is final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience servicing, maintaining, and / or programming PLC or BAS / DDC systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.