Business Unit: Cybersecurity
Requisition Number: 242650
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
May be located anywhere in the U.S. near a major airport.
A passion for scrutiny.
Our cyber security professionals are true professionals in terms of thinking outside the box. They explore every possibility when it comes to effective ways of deceiving, circumventing and weakening IT systems so that they can protect them even more successfully. To this end, they ask questions that have no answers yet and look for gaps where hardly anyone would suspect them. This is crucial for digitalization. Join our team and we will foster your continuing professional development and exchange with colleagues from all over the world. You may specialize or develop your knowledge as a generalist. One thing is certain: your ideas will not be filed away, but almost always find their way into company practice. Worldwide.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- You are responsible for the development of the topic "Special Network Security" based on the Information Security Framework of Siemens. You proactively develop tools, guidelines, processes and security standards for network security, especially focusing on Special Networks (e.g. factory networks, R&D networks).
- You support and consult on the evaluation of network architectures and network security concepts. You assess network security in factories, R&D and other OT environments. You are in close contact with Product Security (PSS) and develop holistic protection concepts.
- You bridge the gap between technical experts and management level by a transparent risk management approach. You clearly assess risks and derive appropriate measures to reduce risks to an acceptable level. You present your results on a management level.
- You support on the Asset Classification & Protection (ACP) process for specified IT assets with strong network dependencies.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- 5+ years experience in IT with focus on Cyber Security and/or Network Security / Network Architecture
- You have experience in project work, as project manager and/or as a consultant
- Experience working with international teams
- Business-fluent English language skills (speaking and writing). German language skills would be a plus.
- Solution oriented thinking and working style
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is highly preferred: Network Architecture Planning and Network Security; Understanding of complex Network Infrastructures; Firewalls, Proxies, VPN, covert tunneling, Layer 3 switching