Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242657
Primary Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Our West Sacramento Branch is seeking a Project Coordinator to support our building technologies projects in the Sacramento and Fresno markets.
This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers to see our projects through completion. The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Coordinators also act as the hub on all projects, ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones--keeping focused attention on document control and project close out while acting as the alternate point of contact for customers in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Support PM with directed duties pertaining to projects.
Prepare customer proposals for all PM driven change orders. Once PO has been received, change orders are to be processed by coordinator
Create purchase requisition orders for Subcontractors from finalized subcontractor price and scope. Set up subcontractor in BOM, assign network, network activity and delivery date.
Monitor monthly claims to ensure Operations Manager approval and submit them for processing. Verify specialist timesheet submissions for approval through month end. Assist with Month End Close for PMs.
Ensure all jobs are reviewed and claims are processed in Audit Report. Review PM Milestone sheets and update Project Milestones in SAP during month close.
Monitor all closed jobs; ensure all are billed 100%. Run automated TECO process at the POC level. Partner with Solutions-to-Service Turnover Coordinator.
Administer Financial Reporting for OMs and PMs including Good Receipts and Monthly Cost Center Comparison Report. Manage Sales-to-Operations and Solutions-to-Service Turnover, schedule weekly meetings, prepare agenda for projects to be turned over, and ensure appropriate approvals. Process claims, make adjustments in SAP, provide PMs with project documentation upon completion.
Coordinate and attend Operations meeting
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Experience successfully supporting an organization's operations that are similar to the business operations of a Siemens Smart Infrastructure branch.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other Requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without a current or future need of sponsorship.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Vocational training or an Associate degree.
- Preferred experience: Construction project-support experience preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.