Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 242671
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 70%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The mission of the NAM AT RC team is the evaluation and creation of innovative technologies and workflows in the field of Advanced Therapies, through maintaining strong relationships with clinical, scientific and technical collaborators.
The Director for NAM AT RC, will report functionally (includes strategy and budget) to the AT Collaboration Officer in Germany. His in-country manager in the USA will be the Head of NAM USA AT. The Director will manage a team of at least 10 people, to continue the build-up an outstanding national collaboration network of AT Innovation research projects. He will develop cross-business-area relationships to facilitate multi-modality innovation in the field of Advanced Therapies.
Additionally, the director will assist with the evaluation of pre-development technology of potential technology-based partnerships.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States and requires ~ 70% domestic travel and 2 - 3 international trips per year.
The Director will:
- with his team evaluate and create solutions, to identify and move to product those innovations that bring most value to Advanced Therapies
- develop a national collaboration network of AT Innovation research projects with clinicians, engineers and top research institutes
- assist with strategic initiatives, presenting the AT Innovation projects and processes to existing and potential future collaborators
- work together with AT IN project managers and collaborators to provide feedback to product definition, R&D and marketing for entering new markets in the field of Advanced Therapies
- develop a cross-business-area network in North America to facilitate multi-modality innovation in the field of Advanced Therapies
- identify and evaluate new pre-development technology themes; and assist in technology and intellectual property scouting
- with his team negotiate and prepare signature ready collaboration contracts within the legal and compliance regulations and ensure the proper storage of the contracts and all related documentation
Structure, guide and mentor your people to work together and drive research collaborations for Advanced Therapies across North America:
- establish priorities, perform ongoing mentoring / feedback and annual reviews, increase the skills and expertise of the personnel
- Recruit open positions and train new hires
- Promote and advance the careers of team members
- Maintain and support communication between your people
· Coordinate direction and strategic decisions regarding new AT collaboration projects (USA and Canada) and assist your team members to:
o Obtain clinical feedback from collaboration partners on AT innovation projects and AT products and return this feedback to AT HQ
o Promote Siemens innovation projects and products in scientific publications, at scientific / clinical conferences and to potential future collaboration partners.
o Manage and develop partnerships with AT KOL scientific marketing partners while ensuring their loyalty to Siemens and their satisfaction
o Co-develop ideas, workflows and create innovative solutions with collaboration partners
· Manage the NAM AT RC project budget and related processes:
o communicate the project funding strategy to team members
o assist with strategic collaboration project commitment decisions
o oversee the management of invoices
o create, update and support the appropriate use of processes for AT NAM RC
manage interfaces to legal, compliance and regulatory
in Siemens and at collaboration sites
· Coordinate and promote communication
o between NAM AT RC, AT IN, and other functions at AT Headquarters to ensure the flow of information to the HQ
o at all levels of the NAM organization cross-business-area to ensure coordination and promote synergies in collaboration research projects, e.g. with the NAM Collaboration Officer
o with the Head of NAM USA AT to ensure coordination of research with business activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- You have successfully completed a university degree, PhD preferred (e.g. medicine, engineering sciences, physics, computer science)
- You have at least eight years of professional experience in R&D or product / project management in a healthcare company, clinic or university
- You seek practical creative solutions, and have excellent analytical competence
- You have demonstrated leadership experience as well as the ability to build and work with a network of interdisciplinary and international people to manage complex project
- You have in-depth understanding of current changes in the healthcare system, of the changing business model of our customers; and can identify areas of clinical practice where current imaging technology and analysis methods can provide improvement
- You have some experience with contract law (e.g. collaboration agreements, response to tenders, intellectual property provisions), and have strong negotiation and moderation skills
· You have high ethics, integrity and ability to work in highly regulated clinical environment
· You have effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills in English, knowledge of German language is beneficial
The position allows the development to Sr. Director with further increasing responsibility.