Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242728
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Sr. Project Manager handles projects in the New England Area. This individual will be responsible for participating in Building Automation pre-bid cost reviews and all turnover meetings throughout the lifecycle of the project. Revenue responsibility ranges between $3.0 to $5.0 Million dollars per year. The quantities of projects managed concurrently vary between 1 to 12 projects. In addition, the Sr. Project Manager develops project plans, monitors project progress, and procures subcontractors while maintaining project budgets for complex projects.
1. The leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales, and maintains positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
2. Completion of concept engineering, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, drafting written proposal responses and contracts.
3. Supervises directs and motivates the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
4. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
5. Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
6. Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
7. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
8. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
9. Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
10. Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
11. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion
1. Oversees the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities.
2. Responsible for the material procurement and planning process for the projects assigned. In addition, the ability to select and order appropriate materials.
3. Monitors material usage, cost, and inventory.
4. Mobilizes Subcontractors and Vendors.
5. Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to mobilize of our work is timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
6. When required by the field manager will configure, design and engineer systems in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining quality.
8. Regularly evaluates cost to complete (CTC) and earned value during each milestone of projects.
1. Ensures the profitability of each project or task.
2. Implement “AIA” document billings on all projects.
3. Effectively manages cash, cost, and billing.
4. Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures that Billings are clearly communicated to our customers.
5. Maintains positive cash flow
6. Adhere to specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities. Responsible for customer approval of detailed job submittals created for the project.
7. Plans and monitors the commissioning and checkout of systems before release to the owner/operator.
8. Ensures job documentation is complete.
9. Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions.
10. Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
11. Field survey customer’s systems during or before installation and, for areas of improvement.
12. Estimates and secures construction and directive change orders.
13. Pursues and estimate Change Orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
14. Achieves a yearly Change Order goal of 15% of planned revenue.
15. Adheres to project and corporate safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
• Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with a High School Diploma or GED equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of HVAC and Automation Controls experience.
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiates change orders.
• Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects.
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.