Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 242737
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Plymouth Meeting
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Purchasing Operator, you will be responsible for:
- You will process purchase orders using SAP MRP data for all production material and supplies required for product builds and shipments.
- You will review Customer Orders for accuracy and prepare documentation for product shipments.
- You will prepare and complete Work Order transactions in SAP for manufacturing processes.
- You will assist Shipping/Receiving to resolve receiving problems, cycle count discrepancies and perform material movement transactions in SAP.
- You will work with engineering and supplier quality management to create and maintain vendor master records.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have experience with SAP or other ERP system.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You have experience working within supply chain, manufacturing and new product introduction teams.
- You have experience with logistics for domestic and international shipments (FedEx, DHL)
- You have experience with resolving invoice and material movement issues within the manufacturing process.
- You are willing to be part of a small team in quick moving environment and to take initiative to work outside your role to ensure success of the team.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in manufacturing and procurement environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Travel less than 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.