Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 242762
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a demonstrated long-term passion for Technical Support, and are willing to improve his/her technical knowledge over time and develop into upper Tiers in Technical Support. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. With new high-level roles opening up and opportunities within the organization, this results in fast career growth for our
In this role, you will participate in semi-complex product support to customers remotely or on-site. Additionally, you will participate in disseminating semi-complex product knowledge, provide support in recommending products for customers with semi-complex product needs to the product design group and coordinate new product introductions as they relate to product support.
- Fields all incoming technical support requests into the Technical Support department and accountable for resolving product information requests and product problem/solution requests.
- Accountable for support requests related to product information and product problems that are documented.
- May escalate more difficult support requests to Technical Support Engineers.
- Logs all incoming support requests into the company call tracking system in a timely and professional manner.
- Proficient at responding, resolving, and closing support requests utilizing technical training and undocumented, creative solutions.
- Escalates more complex problems to Technical Support Engineers.
- Complete company designated training courses for position to enhance work performance and career development.
- Participates in special projects to increase the incumbent's role and technical abilities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience, is preferred
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- High understanding of customer satisfaction and service orientation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.