Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 242767
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Rail Automation is expanding its team and we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to supervise and develop our rail signal design engineers while working in conjunction with the sales team, product development, procurement, and manufacturing groups in our East Pittsburgh, PA facility.
Here, you’ll be managing transit projects from the onset (bids) through customer acceptance. This will entail defining manpower scheduling, budget ($5-10M), assess risk and change, and resource management activities. In this challenging role, you’ll also need to supervise, direct and motivate the engineering team (approx. 30-40 full time and contract employees) during the planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
More responsibilities for this position will include:
- Completes complex estimates
- Interfaces with customers on engineering and commercial issues.
- Coordinates with all internal entities (e.g. purchasing, operations, sales)
- Manages projects with responsibility for successful execution.
- Executes projects within the defined requirements (e.g. budget, time functionality)
- Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer and ensures professional stakeholder management.
- Ensures timely decision on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Manages organization unit assigned and motivates/develops dedicated employees.
- Implements guidelines and defines functional policies, processes, or methods to fulfill the engineering strategy.
- Plans and allocates resources and budgets to engineering projects or activities.
- Drives the development of technical standards and procedures for system engineering.
- Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
- Ensures a proficient and capable workforce to conduct the engineering activities in time and quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
- Technical proficiency
- Must be familiar with class one freight one operations
- Must have contacts with freight one railroads (CN, NS ex.)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the railroad industry designing and implementing signaling projects
- Average 25% travel
- Previous management experience
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming an Engineering Manager with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.