Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 242770
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Vice President, Marketing NAM Advanced Therapies
Leadership of the strategic clinical & solutions marketing, and key opinion leader (KOL) partnerships functions across the AT portfolio (Interventional Radiology, Cardiology, Neurovascular, Surgery & Radiation Oncology). This position plays a critical role in exceeding NAM AT goals of: continuing growth in market share, customer satisfaction, and profitability in North America, while collaborating on new go-to-market & business development strategies.
Functions reporting to this role:
- Clinical & Solutions Marketing
- KOL framework and partnerships
Lead NAM AT clinical & solutions marketing to identify and execute on marketing / product positioning.
- Responsible for developing strategic plans that drive competitive conversions with a focus on the portfolio clinical, operational & financial benefit to the customer.
- In collaboration with global marketing, develop strategies, materials, conduct market research and develop tactics to improve regional sales performance. Analyzing and identifying the competitive landscape for current and future offerings to ensure AT is positioned as the leader in the industry.
- Responsible for analyzing and understanding the NAM healthcare market and identifying marketing strategies and opportunities to drive revenue growth and profitability. Anticipate the changing market, competitive landscape and industry trends to formulate plans for growth.
- Analyzes and interprets changing market, competitive, and industry dynamics and trends to determine the effect on current business, and uses this information to formulate sales, marketing and new product development strategies, actions and tactics.
- Utilize customer input and needs assessments, conduct market research and recommend new business development opportunities in both new offerings or new markets, including new or emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with AT global team on product positioning and messaging that differentiates existing and new products.
- Develop qualification and segmentation framework in conjunction with NAM MSC and Business Line experts to ensure appropriate positioning and offering of AT portfolio in NAM.
- Engages and drives AT mindshare in the generalist sales team and strives to be a high velocity & collaborative business line to do business with.
KOL Development- & Partnerships – leads the AT KOL team to focus on:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for KOL engagement and their commercialization to help gain market share for AT products. Creates transparency about who are the KOLs in the entire AT portfolio space (including Stroke/ Neuro), developing an engagement plan on how to advance mindshare with these customers and make them ultimately Healthineers advocates.
- Maintain and build close relationships with KOL accounts (this also includes national and local IDN’s) with involvement of both local and global Business Unit leadership and National Account Team where appropriate.
- Carry out clinical marketing studies with KOLs to further develop, strengthen and deliver proof to our unique value propositions for Stroke and Neuro applications.
- Support Clinical Marketing to plan, organize and execute KOL events (lunch/ dinner symposiums, panel discussions etc.) in which these key customers speak about Healthineers unique value propositions in this market segment.
- Create - in close collaboration with ATs solution marketing group - sales and marketing collaterals with our KOLs such as white papers, customer quotes for sales presentations and articles in internal and external journals and magazines.
- Support ATs Sales Operations group with defining and executing on a reference site strategy which is geared to increase AT’s overall win-rate
- Educate Account Executives and Product Sales Executives on Healthineers UVPs in Interventional Radiology for Neuro applications.
- Leads the Development of faculty content & white paper submissions.
- Executes a strategic plan for the NAM AT marketing components by partnering with key stakeholders in market development, professional development, collaborations, Medical Innovations Team (Princeton), and Product Management.
- Ensure needed clinical studies are driven to completion and maximum value is derived by driving influential and meaningful publications, presentations, abstracts, symposia and case studies of the resulting clinical information aligned with the Siemens Cardiology Marketing Strategy
- Maintain a diverse portfolio of strategic clinical relationships, encouraging interest, study, support, and acceptance of Siemens Healthineers technology for existing and future applications.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, national, and international level.
People development – Attract and retain the most talented individuals in the industry to strengthen the organization. Provide the leadership, training, and coaching to develop team & grow their careers. Assess technical/sales/professional developmental needs and coordinate technical and sales training requirements for the AT portfolio.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of Marketing Leadership experience in major Healthcare Med Tech organization strongly preferred.
- Deep executive relationships in Therapy, Cardiology & Imaging customer base.
- Demonstrates advance understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of strategic planning, cross-functional business practices, and operating procedures for a major functional area.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of strategic business goals.
- Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams.
- Strong work ethic and commitment. Demonstrated ability to form relationships and collaborate with senior management in field sales organization & global headquarters