Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 242787
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Laboratory Technician 2
Performs production activities related to work orders within Specialty Reagents In-vitro Production team to produce antibody raw material. Responsibilities include, preparation of nutrient supplements, equipment set up, autoclave operation, as well as operating equipment that is needed to harvest and purify antibody material. Responsible for monitoring and controlling processes while maintaining accurate quality records
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 2, you will be responsible for:
· Working understanding of Windows environment and related software
· Set up and verify calibration and/or verification of support equipment used to monitor quality.
· Work in a control environment and complete tasks aseptically to ensure no microbial contamination.
· Operate equipment used to harvest and purify antibody raw material.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Set up equipment parameters for production using worksheet and/or SOP specifications or procedures.
· Check SAP for approval of raw materials used for production.
· Use the computer system to enter production data, interpret and respond.
· Writes and revises area procedures.
· Assist technical support to identify problems, make recommendations, and implement solutions.
· Accountable for completing and maintaining proper documentation of worksheets and other forms of quality documents.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Associate degree in Life Sciences
· Experience in aseptic techniques
· Experience with mammalian cell culture
· Basic computer knowledge with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: .