Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 242790
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Siemens Healthineers is seeking a user experience designer who is passionate about healthcare and loves to deliver experiences that masterfully integrate complex workflows into user interface designs that ensure an efficient user experience. You are a highly motivated individual eager to assist in defining interaction design requirements, develop style guides, user interface prototypes and designs, including screen layout and navigation, and participate in user research and contextual interviews. You are detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical team, skilled in working in multi-disciplinary groups, and experienced in working closely with software developers.
The UX Designer will work with the Human Factors / Usability Engineering group in Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound. This team is responsible for developing user interface requirements, usability testing and generating FDA approval usability documentation for general imaging and cardiac ultrasound systems. The user interface designer’s principal role is to advocate for the end user of the products. This will involve applying the fundamentals user interface design, human-machine interaction and usability evaluation. Strong motivation to achieve excellent results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams and become productive is imperative.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Design, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interface, or related discipline.
- 8 years of industry experience designing product user interfaces. Graphic design knowledge is a plus.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of product development from concept to delivery.
- Experience designing user interfaces for medical imaging products and IEC62366 is a plus.
- Ability to lead consistent and forward looking design for a family of products.
- Experience working in Agile approach and using tools such as TFS and Confluence.
- Experience using graphic design tools for prototyping and modeling, such as Adobe Cloud tools, Photoshop, Flash, Blend, XAML, etc.;
- Ability to fluently express ideas using sketches, simulations, etc.
- Work well in a team environment,
- Strong technical writing skills,
- Attention to detail
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.