Business Unit: Power Generation Operations
Requisition Number: 242791
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines) and industrial turboset main components.
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. The Steam Turbine Manufacturing Engineering department is seeking a technical, proactive leader to join the team as a Manufacturing Machining Programmer for Steam Turbine manufacturing plant.
- Review DWGs, specs, and other inputs to establish machining operations and tool paths to manufacture predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and mill-turn machines.
- Produce NC programming, determine necessary tooling, and establish part set-up in machining centers
- Optimize tooling and machining processes to meet manufacturing requirements and manage budgets.
- Use experience and ingenuity to determine complex manufacturing processes on both repeatable part production and specialized component machining
- Develop, improve, and document processes for machining predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and mill-turn machines
- Work with machinists in resolving complex manufacturing opportunities on components requiring high precision.
- Ensure safety, quality, and efficiency in all aspects of the job.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 5-8 years’ experience with CAM / NC Programming
- 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment
- Knowledge of tooling selection and use (Feed, Speeds, HP)
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to troubleshoot issues (tooling, program, machine) as they arise
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse teams
- Ability to lead / interact with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing manufacturing information flow.
- Ability to work with close tolerance machining on large projects.
- Develop annual business project plans to ensure synchronization with the department budget and the ROI plan of work centers
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background in various CNC Machine Controls and Programming
- Project management or team leadership experience with demonstrated delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance
- Experience in developing cost quotations, ROI analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)