Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 242800
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Position: Tech Support Engineer 4
Department: Customer Services, Ultrasound
You will provide logistical product support for assigned Ultrasound platforms within the (CS) Customer Services team sitting as a primary member of the appointed Product Steering Groups. You are expected to work closely with the Serviceability team within CS and cross functional members to include Product Management, Supply Chain Management, and Product Engineers of your assigned product platforms. You will be responsible for spare part readiness with respect to new product introductions as they relate to product support. Additionally, you will have responsibility for sustainment of these parts as they change or evolve throughout the product lifecycle, working closely with our Supply Chain Management and CS Managed Logistics teams. As part of the service lifecycle you will Initiate, develop, release, and manage product field updates utilizing the update handling tool and process. As the product support expert, you will provide data inputs into the end-of-delivery and end-of-support process to ensure a smooth completion of the product lifecycle. In this senior role you will assume a lead position within the team and become a process expert providing the SLM team support and training team members as needed.
- Establishes agreements on assignment content, quality, costs, and deadlines
- Determines resource allocation, prioritization, and distribution of work
- Manages tasks, projects, and status of deliverables
- Anticipates limitation/constraints with early identification of discrepancies and initiates appropriate measures to ensure completion
- Identifies and drives throughout the service lifecycle opportunities for improving processes, product quality, and costs in close alignment with appropriate partners and stakeholders
- Throughout the product service lifecycle, identifies and assesses risks and develops suitable strategies for risk mitigation (elimination, reduction) in close alignment with appropriate partners and stakeholders
- BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience in medical devices and/or customer service
- Typically, 5-8 years in medical devices and/or customer services relevant roles
- Experience with workflow in customer service operations
- Effective design, project management, analytical, troubleshooting, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders, including Engineering
- Analytical ability, judgment and decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required (especially Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge and experience with SAP a plus
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures and guidelines is essential at all times
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.