Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 242810
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in related electrical distribution products industry.
- 5+ years of professional experience preferred
- Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of electrical distribution products and systems.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications & single line diagrams, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
- Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for Liquid/Dry Distribution Transformers.
- Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and systems with a focus on liquid/dry type transformers products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
- Knowledge and experience with evaluating single line diagrams relay P&C schemes