Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242861
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems. For more information, please visit:
- Lead all production and testing related Engineering activities such as tooling, jigs and fixtures design and specification; custom engineered test equipment design/specification; test bed layout and equipment selection as necessary.
- Coordinate with production staff and scheduler to track, analyze and maintain the complete list of production activities, optimizing their sequence wherever possible.
- Participate in the scheduling and allocation of resources (space, manpower, equipment, utilities etc.) to maximize efficiency and level the factory load.
- Develop strategic production floor and equipment layouts contributing to physical workflow optimization while remaining focused on ergonomics and health, safety and environmental considerations.
- Use Lean Manufacturing and other methodologies to systematically identify, target and eliminate all forms of waste and constraints in the current packaging operations environment. Will be encouraged to challenge the status quo to develop or continuously improve existing packaging and test processes. Will be one of the department’s leaders of the Lean Transformation culture.
- Lead the conceptualization and development and implementation of the various Digitalization efforts to bring the operation closer to its future vision and targets.
- Function as a team leader to plan, develop and implement small and large improvement projects including analysis, justification and specifications to support and install any capital equipment project.
- Liaise directly with the shop floor personnel to identify and resolve issues during assembly and test activities, dispositioning non-conformities or referring them to relevant Engineering resources as applicable, prioritizing them so as to not disrupt the optimum production sequence.
- Provide detailed feedback to Engineering for product and or design amendments that would improve manufacturability, reduce complexity, eliminate recurring non-conformances or improve HS&E considerations.
- Participate and/or leads Root Cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation for incidents or non-conformances within the realm of packaging and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering field
- 5 years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operating environment
- 2 years in Turbomachinery or Rotating Equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Proficient MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Track record of analytical and problem solving skills (root cause analysis etc)
- 2D / 3D CAD experience
- Siemens NX
- Extended Microsoft Office applications (Visio, MS Project) and VBA coding
- Familiarity with Kanban board system
- Experience in project management of new capital, and implementing change in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean concepts such as Kaizen, Kanban, 6S, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Good working knowledge of SAP