Business Unit: Legal & Compliance
Requisition Number: 242870
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark, United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole, United States-New Jersey-Flanders, United States-North Carolina-Cary, United States-California-Mountain View, United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Healthineers Export Control and Customs Operations team supports Siemens Healthcare businesses in all customs related matters, ensuring full compliance with applicable customs regulations and internal requirements in an optimal and efficient manner. The Export Control and Customs team provides regulatory guidance and support to businesses and internal customers, utilizes automated data driven applications and systems to capitalize on duty saving programs and brings awareness to possible risks of non-compliance.
This position reports to the manager of US Import/Export Operations
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Preparation and submission of all import coordination with brokers on all US imports for Siemens Healthcare Divisions.
· Ensure timely and accurate response to Broker Requests for Information and follow-up to ensure resolution.
· Monitor EDI import transactions from Siemens Overseas business into the Siemens Import Management tool to our Customs brokers
· Ensure proper classification, valuation and origin determination for the imported goods, including non-commercial goods.
· When applicable, communicate with US government officials on import related matters.
· As directed by Supervisor/Manager, implement appropriate corrective actions in response to any findings with the Customs Compliance Officer assessment.
· Interface with related functional areas (regulatory affairs, logistics, purchasing, materials management, etc.) on customs and PGA matters.
· Elevate issues requiring correction to the ECC compliance group.
· Develop, implement and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in his/her area of responsibility.
· Basic knowledge on Participating Government Agencies such as FDA, USDA, Fish and Wildlife, EPA etc. U.S. Import transaction requirements.
· Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
· Provide analytical support to general import related projects, as needed.
· Assist in the implementation and maintenance of Healthineers Supply Chain security programs, in accordance with Healthineers Supply Chain Security Guidelines and U.S. Department of Homeland Security requirements for its Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT), Importer Security Filing (ISF) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) programs. Tasks included but are not limited to the following:
o To be the internal Point of Contact on CTPAT security criteria matters with the assigned ECC Ambassadors and local Corporate Function Stakeholders.
o Conduct and monitor Security Risk Self-Assessments with ECC Ambassadors
o Conduct and monitor CTPAT Trade lane Risk Assessments
o Monitor and manage compliance to ISF (timeliness, accuracy) transactions
• BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field will be considered.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of Customs Regulation experience.
• Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus.
• Ability to review engineering documentation (e.g. drawings) and understand bills of material.
• Hands-on Experience with ERPs and Import management software, preferably SAP.
• Proficient in utilizing excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
• Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
• Presentation skills.
You must be able to demonstrate competency
in the following areas:
• In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS.
Basic US Import requirements of PGA (FDA, USDA, FWS, EPA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,