Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242884
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/powergeneration- services.html
As a Sr. Procurement Specialist II, you will coordinate the purchase and delivery of assigned engineered commodities and services in a manner that is consistent with company policies and performance goals.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company.
- Establish a working partnership and a positive relationship with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet external customer requirements and the requirements of our internal customers. Ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased material and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance and work with suppliers on continuous improvement effort.
- Supports cost estimating, product development team and project management during the estimating, bid proposal and order processing stages.
- Manage supplier performance of 95% or better.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects.
- Process nonconformance’s and scrap material timely and efficiently.
- Act as a back up to other buyers when required.
- Required to interact with coworkers and all other departments in a professional manner.
- Associates Degree
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing purchasing environment
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English.
Advanced Microsoft capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically or internationally.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- APICS certification is desirable.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience.
- Strong knowledge of Reciprocating compressors
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.