Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 242940
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics is in search for Senior Controls Systems Engineer (s) who will work as part of a multi-discipline team to perform complex design, development, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and support of Material Handling Automation Equipment.
• Completes the design of complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
• Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work.
• Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine system requirements.
• Completes recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
• Performs presentations of complex technical findings and developments.
• Completes the software quality process through the execution of complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas
• 8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities.
• Current experience with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Schneider PLC languages, architecture and networks desired. Other platforms a plus.
• Electrical schematic and panel design (Control Panels, Motor Control Panels, Motor Control Centers, Power Distribution) using AutoCAD Electrical
• Network design using Profinet, Profibus, ASI Bus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP
• Human-Machine Interface programming
• Experience with conveyor systems (Parcel, Baggage, ASRS, Etc.), large machine design, and/or motor control desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong ability to document technical decisions with illustrations and clear verbal explanations
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Up to 40% for customer meetings and integration testing at customer sites
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.