Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242971
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a Mechanical and Systems Engineer, you will be the mechanical lead for rotating machinery projects, working as a team member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team from sales handover through project execution, installation and commissioning, and warranty phases. Responsibilities include:
- Manage mechanical and systems technical scope for supply of new packaged rotating equipment for onshore and offshore projects including gas turbine-generators, gas turbine-compressors, electric motor-driven compressor trains, and extended plant scope (coolers, scrubbers, anti-surge valves, etc.)
- Support Project Engineer to address technical concerns with internal and external clients
- Ensure that the highest engineering standards are maintained within the mechanical engineering department during the design and manufacture of these products
- Troubleshoot and understand gas turbine, compressor, and process system designs from a mechanical standpoint. Integrate those systems with electrical and controls systems. This includes lube oil, fuel gas, and seal gas systems
- Direct and review the drafting/design team on the creation of contract P&IDs, bills of materials, and part assemblies
- Support production in the assembly of equipment through work instructions and redlining drawings
- Perform technical calculations for a project. For example: rotordynamic, structural, and fluid flow analysis
- Provide technical/field service support through the end of warranty and handover to service.
- Manage Mechanical Engineering schedule, including on time release of equipment specifications, bills of material, and customer documentation
- Manage and monitor Mechanical Engineering budget
- Interface with customers in a professional fashion. Represent Siemens as a technical subject matter expert.
- Report to the Mechanical and Systems Engineering Manager
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum B.S. in an engineering related field
- 3-5 years of Mechanical Engineering industry experience. Advanced degree may substitute for work experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team and give general direction to others
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred. M.S. degree is a plus.
- Rotating Equipment experience
- Experience with Engineering/PLM software Teamcenter, NX, E3, COMOS, and/or Jira
- Knowledge of VBA, Hysys, Matlab, FEA, or any rotordynamics software
- Experience with SAP
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.