Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 242975
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Our Field Service Engineer will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel or electrical locomotives, coaches or even full train consists. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over North America.
The Field Service group is working close together with our customers, all Siemens Mobility Departments worldwide and our Field Service Teams on Site.
The main goal of the Field Service Engineer is to work with our complete Siemens team to engineer to achieve high customer satisfaction and a reliable product.
- Develop an expert role in Field Service of Siemens Electric and Diesel Locomotives and passenger coach cars.
- Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Collaborate with Siemens Engineering to drive improvements
- Provide technical expertise to field service teams.
- Mentor Field Service Technicians on Field Service best practices.
- Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong skills in reading electrical schematics.
- At least five years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of above
- Complex field service experience.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Willingness to take a “hands on” approach to commissioning.
- Ability to learn new software programs in a continuously evolving environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering.
Rail industry field service on locomotives.