Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 242978
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Other Locations: United States-California-Sacramento, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Mobility Inc Head of Strategy is responsible for developing and executing business strategies throughout Siemens Mobility North America. The individual in this role, must have a deep understanding of the rail industry. They will develop, align, and coordinate execution of industry specific strategies that leverage and enhance Siemens Mobility competitive market capabilities and positioning. The position is responsible for driving and coordinating regional aspects of global projects and ensuring successful on time completion of same. The position is required to interface with business unit leads, functional heads, and global experts. The position is responsible for developing strategies and gaining market intelligence and competitive analysis.
• Build and update the company’s strategic plan. Meet regularly with the 6 Business Units to cascade and hold accountable on these goals.
• Acts a trusted advisor for Top Management, in all strategic aspects, in order to identify and follow up on future business opportunities.
• Ensures continuous analyses and design of strategic positioning of the business overall, and advises on long term development of the product, service or solutions portfolio.
• Continuously coordinates the development and performs the controlling of subordinated business strategies, and the related business plans, budgets, and generates the respective reports.
• Steers and coordinates preparation and implementation of strategic planning, growth and market development strategies, market research (incl. execution of strategic benchmarking), etc.
• Conducts strategic analysis in a broad range of topics (i.e. Market and competitors' analyses, M&A targets and Due diligence, benchmarking, analysis of strategic action fields).
• Leads & coordinates M&A projects for Siemens Mobility in North America in alignment with global projects and initiatives.
• Oversees mission-critical programs and assignments, in terms of progress, budget adherence, communication.
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.* Enhances internal methodologies and knowledge of the respective industry and transfer of knowledge to client members.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 10+ years of comprehensive (deep and broad) experience in the rail industry in a strategy capacity.
• Individual must demonstrate high professional judgment and competence.
• Individual must be capable of influencing peers and others to achieve impact on results in larger organization. Well established in external and internal networks within field of expertise.
• Proactively shares knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills/ Responsibilities
• Rail transit experience