Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242979
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently seeking a Sales Team Leader for our Indianapolis branch. The Sales Team Leader will be leading a team (4) of sales professionals who sell solutions tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. The primary customers will be Construction Managers, General Contractors and Mechanical Contractors Developing direct reports to achieve commitment to Siemens philosophy and customer satisfaction, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- In addition to sales leadership responsibilities this is a working sales role which will directly interact and sell Siemens solutions and services to the customer, and will have their own individual quota responsible for.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Managing employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals.
- Reviewing proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Assisting employees in determining market price, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Providing input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Actively participating in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Maintaining trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy.
- Executing and refine strategy to build relationship with the engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED a minimum requirement) and directly related experience will be considered
- 5 years of sales experience in building automation or a related field
- 8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar building automation industry
- Local market and industry knowledge
- Experience with building automation systems, electrical systems, construction in the life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial office vertical markets, along with fast paced working environments
- Must be willing and available to travel 15%
- Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.