Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243016
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Norcross, United States-Florida-Winter Park, United States-Florida-Miramar, United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Uses company tools and operating protocols to support the basic building automation, fire alarm and/or security systems design in new and existing facilities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk- throughs.
- Designs basic systems for standard facilities which, depending on the system type, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Assists with analyzing plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Ensures proper types and sizes of basic products.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in basic commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Assists with peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Assistants, or assumes the duties of Engineering Assistants.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, fire or security system, and business operations preferred.
- NICET Level I (minimum) will be required after 2 years for Fire Engineers.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.