Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243060
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Commercial Project Manager (Small Projects) / Project Controller
- Highlight: Great opportunity to work for a large multinational company in a field capacity. Including interactions with all aspects of operations, sales, procurement, quality, accounting and finance. The Commercial Project Manager is hands on with the project supporting the Project Manager and driving direct financial success. This position exposes you to a full value chain business of solutions, services and energy projects.
- Division Overview: The Siemens Building Technologies (BT) Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection, life safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy management.
- Specific Organization: This position supports the Atlantic Zone which is responsible for driving the full suite of Building Technologies business in the exciting growing markets across 6 states to include Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio. Each Zone operates as an individual unit of Building Technologies, allowing for an extremely entrepreneurial and customer facing environment within a large corporation.
- Assignment Overview: Our primary focus in the financial organization at BT is to strengthen the financial results of the Zone (business knowledge, process and policy guidance, ensuring accuracy of the financial statements, etc.) We also support the back office processes of a highly complex business model through booking, billing and collecting. The Commercial Project Manager reports to the Senior Director of Finance for the Atlantic Zone. Ideally, the position will be located in Washington, DC to allow close proximity to the customers.
The Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts (Projects) starting with the pre-acquisition phase through the project execution phase. The CPM is fully responsible for the financial and commercial management (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project. This encompasses revenue controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting. The primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers and Project Managers. The CPM will partner with the Project Manager to execute projects ranging from $1m - $3m in value with duration of 1-4 years.
The CPM ensures proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with approved project budget and internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Maintain Estimated at Completion (EAC) project plans and costs
- Manage all functional departments in a matrix environment for a successful project result
- Provide risk management and opportunity management
- Responsible for contract and claims management
- Interface to external customer on project progress and any contract or financial issues
They are critical to driving the most successful outcome of a project to the bottom line (profit and cash) success of the company.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance or Certified Project Management background
· Work experience 3-5 years
· SAP (FI/CO, SD and PR modules), Microsoft Suite with strong Excel skills, Collaboration Tools
· Industry/business acumen (Construction market / Building Automation, Fire & Security Industries)
· Knowledge, skills, or expertise preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) or certified Commercial Project Manager (CPM), Financial Analysis, Process Flow / Improvement (Six Sigma or like)
· Amount of travel with the position: 50%
Preferred candidate would also demonstrate:
ü Basic knowledge of commercial contract law
ü Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
ü Working knowledge of internal workflows and involvement of various departments during project lifecycle
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.