Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 243080
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Applies Project Management tools, practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of GEO product development activities within a project. Applies technical experience, judgement, and leadership to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed as appropriate and are in conformance with organization's established policies, procedures and objectives. Leads and directs the work of others within the project. As an individual contributor, must be highly effective at leading people without having direct functional authority over those same people.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies Project Management principals to engage the GEO Engineering team in creating plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall Project Team commitments to the business.
• Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear.
• Represents the status of the GEO plan and schedule to the Project Core Team and to senior management.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of all GEO project documentation.
• Travel commensurate to lead cross-site project team.
• Comprehensive training and experience in Project and Program Management disciplines.
• Be an effective change agent when the GEO Organization deploys new tools and organizational structures as part of a vision to have a world class product development environment.
• Constantly assess the project against Product Business Case and Project goals to maintain the Project Value Proposition.
• Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants).
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field.
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Contingency planning and risk mitigation.
• Bachelors Degree with 15+ years of experience in Engineering / R&D.