Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 243089
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Garden City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Newly commissioned site: Solomon Forks in Colby, KS
An exciting opportunity to further your career demonstrating service excellence and integrity in the wind service operations field.
The Field Service Technician must perform scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, part replacement, and retrofits as necessary to maintain quality and availability for our customer. Must maintain safety and professionalism and keep accurate and detailed records of parts used and work performed. Technicians report to the site manager and/or site lead and communicate any needs and safety issues that may arise in a timely manner as part of the SGRE team.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems with developed problem solving skills independently and efficiently.
- Must be willing and able to work in stressful and sometimes dangerous situations, and in all weather conditions with varying work hours including overtime.
- Must deliver quality in all job aspects in a timely manner while maintaining safety at all times.
- Willing and able to climb 85m ladders daily.
- Flexibility to work outside of planned ours and willing to take on additional assignments as needed to maintain a high quality wind project for our customer.
- Willing and able to travel to assist other sites as requested and to maintain safety and technical certifications as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of wind technician experience.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of hydraulic schematics and electrical schematics.
- Must have experience in electrical, HVAC, or aviation field, or possess a renewable energy technology certificate or equivalent.
- Physically and mentally able to climb wind towers up to 300 feet sometimes multiple times per day.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required to maintain a body weight of no more than 265lbs as required by safety equipment restrictions.
- Willing to travel up to 100%.
- Able to pass a physical examination annually administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform job functions and handle the stress and physical demands of the position.
- Must maintain a clean driving record and pass pre-hire and random drug screenings.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience as a troubleshooting technician in Siemens wind turbines preferred or 2 plus years hands on work experience in the field at a wind power site.
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial, or automotive setting.