Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 243102
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As an R&D Mechanical Problem Solving Engineer, you join an R&D team responsible for the development of next generation electromechanical medical devices. You become the team’s primary hands-on person and expert within mechanical engineer and drive continuous improvements on the product platform. You will be working with components that interface to hardware, software, chemistry and work with a wide range of plastic and metal manufacturing processes.
Most importantly, you get to collaborate with skilled engineers and engage with colleagues from production, hardware and software developers, external suppliers, and lab technicians which help you set up your test designs.
In short, collaboration in key in this job and our networking culture will help you grow your knowledge and technical expertise related to our products and technologies.
With our current installed base of devices, we have a lot of data and feedback regarding the product performance. This enables you to work on continuously improving the different mechanical parts of the device. Expect to work on the following tasks:
- Root cause investigation on module and/or system level
- Coordinate tests and collect relevant data by developing test methods and defining test setup
- Maintain and further develop technical documentation in CAD
- Material Selection
- Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing
- Tolerance stack-up calculations
- Experience with fluidics, designing small fluidic systems, and heat transfer
- Proficiency with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical techniques using Labveiw, Matlab, Minitab, etc. Expert competency with LabView a plus.
Master’s degree within mechanical engineering or similar and at least 5 years of relevant experience working with mechanical product development or Life Cycle Management activities
- Well-founded understanding of mechanics, materials, and production methods
- Systematic and analytical approach to product development
- Experience with CAD
- People person who collaborates cross-functionally and works successfully with multiple project simultaneously
- Willingness to work with documentation