Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 243117
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a global leader in moving traffic, with thousands of mobility professionals world-wide. We imagine, develop, and build the most innovative products in the world to support the movement of traffic. Some of these products are regionally specific, while others bring together teams of individuals to meet this challenge on a global scale.
At Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making the products and offering services that help traffic flow safely and efficiently.
The Union Electrician position is responsible for the installation and preventative maintenance of street lights and troubleshooting of streetlight problems, in addition to project work such as LED lighting retrofits. The Electrician may work independently or as part of a team to provide optimum service levels to agency customers.
· Maintain, repair and install all types of street lighting
· Perform routine maintenance as required
· Perform LED replacements
· Perform other duties as required by area supervisor
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Must have current Journeyman or Master Electrical License with the State of Ohio
· Experience performing aerial work from a bucket truck
· Excellent electrical troubleshooting experience
· Must be team oriented and customer focused
· Must have a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
· Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of streetlights or traffic signals
· Must be able to pass a DOT (Dept. of Transportation) physical exam and drug test
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of materials and equipment
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 1-3+ years recent experience as a street light maintenance technician
· Traffic Signal Experience, current or past holder of IMSA Certifications.
· IMSA Work Safety Zone certification
· Experience working with the Acuity ROAM system is highly desirable
· Commercial Driver’s License, Hoisting License desirable but not required.
· Electrical Licenses in other States desirable but not required.