Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 243129
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics is seeking to fill full time Baggage Handling Floor Support positions in support of the team located at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston (IAH). This position requires experience and knowledge in the responsibilities as outlined.
The Baggage Handling Floor Support position will provide general and specialized support under the supervision of Manager or Shift Supervisor to maintain the operation of the Baggage Handling systems. The position will be responsible for safely clearing bag jams if and when they occur, assisting technicians with mechanical and electrical repairs when needed, manually move baggage during system outages, manually encode bag tags when needed, perform general clean-up of work areas and conveyor equipment and monitor and assist the flow of baggage through critical areas of the system.
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
• Good communication and customer service skills required
• Must be available to work scheduled shift (s), which may require work at night, weekends and holidays as required.
• Attention to detail is very important, teamwork and the ability to perform under pressure and provide excellent client service.
• Must have driver license with clean MVR.
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• HS or equivalent required.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.