Business Unit: Service Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 243136
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Turbine Controls Bid Manager
Seeking a self-motivated turbine control system Bid Manager to who can develop value-add solutions against customer drivers that focus on client return on investment and return on equity. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively translate requirements into technical solutions, document strategies, and produce complex written technical proposals that meet Sales’ strategies in the pursuit of orders and the goals of the organization. This role requires close collaboration with the Sales, Business Development and Commercial teams in addition to the collaboration with Project Execution in order to fully capture both the technical and commercial perspectives and produce well defined proposals.
The candidate must be able to engineer technical solutions and present concepts and proposals to both internal and external teams. The candidate must be a team player that can work within all levels within the organization.
• Support Sales in opportunity development and strategy, integrating into complex pursuits prior to proposal development.
• Lead proposal efforts on Sales opportunities from bid approval through turnover of won projects including development of the proposed technical concept, cost calculation and technical proposal document.
• Perform site walk downs to gather necessary information for bid strategy and solution development.
• Review customer specifications and provide solutions to meet requirements.
• Recommend acceptable solutions in accordance to technical standards.
• Develop clear and concise proposals that support the strategy and the overall business goals of the organization.
• Ensure that established business processes are followed and seek opportunities to improve the established processes.
• Actively work with other business partners in the development and improvement of technical proposal concepts.
• Seek to improve financial performance of proposal efforts while maintaining and enhancing customer and project team satisfaction.
• Actively support the Sales organization in the acquisition of future projects.
• Lead and participate in business improvement projects.
• Document and share lessons learned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 10 years of relevant experience in Distributed Control Systems.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and influencing skills.
• Strong business insight.
• Ability to support, lead and complete multiple proposals at a time.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/Power Point).
• Need to be able to prioritize while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to travel up to 25-30%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous experience/knowledge in power plant engineering and/or proposal development is helpful.
• Previous experience with Cyber Security as it relates to DCS in power generation is a plus.
• Previous experience in project management and software / hardware engineering is a plus.
• Previous experience as commissioning engineer for complex projects is a plus.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.