Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 243142
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Engineering Project Manager
Purpose of Position:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. At SGRE in Orlando, FL, for our Geared Platform Technology Department, SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Project Manager position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group of experts that will work cohesively to solve design, cost and technology challenges.
• Primarily responsible for managing R&D project activities including design, test, development and production of wind turbine components and systems.
• Manage the product and technology development projects; plan and manage the projects, including scoping, defining requirements, objectives, and deliverables, setting project timeline, outlining the overall budget, risk management, and coordinating resource planning.
• Responsible for executing and managing mid-to-large scale complex R&D projects globally according to Siemens rules and guidelines.
• Manage development and implementation of technical solutions in close cooperation with technical solution owners and multiple project members.
• Full project management responsibility in terms of time, cost and quality delivered - from scoping phase until project closure while ensuring progress in compliance with planned schedules and budgets.
• Responsible for project breakdown, planning and execution; from top level plans down to executable tasks tracked in monthly sprints.
• Project execution in accordance with Siemens Wind Power Technology processes and tools
• Stakeholder and risk management in the project, including reporting.
• Securing alignment with turbine development projects and across departments/modules to ensure priorities and deliveries.
• Coordination with all turbine departments/modules, prototype workshop, platform management and supply-chain, as well as with external suppliers and partners.
• Drive continuous improvement of the project development process, as a part of the PM team.
• Responsible for collaborating within the regional platform team and with other platform teams globally.
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate both direct reports and non-direct report team members.
• Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration.
• BS degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university.
• 2+ years of Project Management experience required.
• Professional project management qualification preferred.
• PM@Siemens certified preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of Project Management disciplines e.g. customer value orientation, financials, planning & controlling, risk/opportunity management, stakeholder management, quality and EHS, team development, leadership in projects, etc. required.
• Experience and knowledge from working in a complex matrix organization, cross borders, and cross organizational units projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers preferred.
• Structured approach to project management and ability to handle project changes occurring in a dynamic R&D environment preferred.
• Strong communication skills and change management skills required.
• Knowledge and experience with Wind Power products and Siemens Design methodology preferred.
• Ability to travel 15%.