Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243151
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Building Automation Service Specialist
Siemens Industry Inc, an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is seeking qualified individuals to join our building automation service team.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
The role of a Service Specialist will focus on the installation and maintenance of building management systems utilizing our standard products and graphical user interface. You will learn to bring data from all systems into our graphical user interface and create windows to provide the customer a logical view into their systems. You will be trained on the latest technologies in our building automation needed to bring the information from these systems into one common platform. You will stay up to date on all current trends in network infrastructure and management of graphical user interfaces. You will work closely with the customer informing them of the service provided during your visit, and of issues you observed during the course of your visit. In the performance of your duties you will work very closely with the Client Support Managers, Project Managers and Sales Executive to report on issues discovered during your visit as well as any information about upcoming projects and opportunities that require a higher level of support.
- Be able to diagnose network communication issues that would prevent various pieces of equipment from passing data across the network.
- Insure all assigned preventative maintenance tasks from the customers’ service agreement are delivered in accordance with the contract documents
- Maintain open lines of communication with the customer to address their service concerns and inform them of the work completed during your service visit. .
- Work to become the “Trusted Advisor” to the customer and make recommendations projects or changes that can enhance system operations or create energy savings.
- Stay current with the latest trends in building automation and with the latest equipment offerings.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshoot and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
· Associates degree in Electronics/Mechanical, Networking or related field.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
· Generally, 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Skilled in building automation controls programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of building automation systems (Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Automated Logic, etc), HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations. Graphical user interface design, implementation and management
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
· Local or Regional travel.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.