Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243168
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The ideal candidate will be someone with an exceptionally strong fire alarm system background and be able to fulfill all the required duties of a Fire Alarm Installation Technician
- This candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have exceptional computer skills, and have a strong sense of self reliance.
- Must possess the ability to install, program and troubleshoot complex networked fire alarm/mass notification systems with limited or no supervision.
- May require some overtime hours at night, on weekends and at a moment’s notice for emergency calls.
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- One (1) to three (3) years fire alarm industry experience with training and a High School diploma
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Fire Alarm Systems, Level I or the ability to obtain Level I certification within one year of employment.
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
- Exceptional ability to trouble shoot circuitry and equipment, understanding of blue prints and wiring schematics, extensive capability creating redline drawings for as-built preparation. - Will be required to work in the field with hand tools along side lower level technicians.
- Experience with a variety of system manufacturers including Siemens, Notifier, Edwards, Gamewell, Honeywell, Firelite, etc.
- Ability to operate various types of test equipment
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.