Business Unit: Environmental Protection, Health Management and Safety
Requisition Number: 243200
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Mobility Inc. (SMI) Head of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is responsible for driving and influencing process excellence, world class results, and regulatory compliance as it relates to EHS topics throughout Siemens Mobility North America across all businesses and facilities. This position reports to CEO, Siemens Mobility, Inc. The individual in this role will establish and ensure world class process standards across SMI and drive problem resolution around instances that are not aligned with established standards. The position is required to interface with BU leads, functional heads, and global experts in order to influence and effect continuous improvement and process standards. The position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive and effective employee health and safety strategy and driving related policies and guidelines across Siemens Mobility with a balance between strategic and tactical considerations. The position is located at any of our operational hubs including Sacramento, Pittsburgh, Louisville or Atlanta.
· Develops, proposes and implements EHS processes and/or methods across the company, incorporating all sites and facilities.
· Plans and accomplishes roll out of EHS programs or projects, and monitors respective milestone in related organization.
· Analyses and monitors adherence to EHS standards in assigned organizations, and prepares regular EHS reporting.
· Analyzes and reports on changes in relevant EHS laws and regulations, and recommend changes for internal standards.
· Contributes to internal and external EHS audits, in support of accountable EHS officer.
· Prepares regular external EHS reporting for official authorities, or for internal stakeholder.
· Maintains operational contact to external authorities.
· Ensures organizational training of employees and management.
· Keeps abreast with all respective regulations and standards in regional or local law.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· The position requires a bachelor’s degree in related field and 10+ years of comprehensive and authoritative (deep and broad) professional know-how and experience in the EHS discipline.
· Links multiple key knowledge areas and demonstrates very high professional judgment competence.
· Experience in EHS, OSHA, and other related regulations, requirements, strategies, methodologies, and systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems is a must.
· Individual must demonstrate high professional judgement and competence.
· Individual in role must be capable of driving change in existing ways and approaches where necessary and act as an innovative idea generator for new and practical solutions.
· Individual must be capable of influencing peers and others to achieve impact on results in larger organization.
· Well established in external and internal networks within field of expertise.
· Proactively shares knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.