Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 243213
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Mobility, Inc., Rolling Stock, is looking for a Project Manager to work in our Bogie department in Sacramento, CA. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Bogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Metros, Locomotives and Passenger Coaches for customers within North-America and also internationally with our headquarters in Germany and Austria.
• Bid management, including definition and communication of project baselines (scope, budget, schedule), goals and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with sales executives, senior management and additional stakeholders.
• Responsible for schedule, quality, budget, risk, opportunity and resource allocation management throughout the project management process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing)
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the project teams (consisting of Engineering, Procurement, Operations (including production) and Quality Management) to ensure a smooth workflow and project execution to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Driving ownership culture within project team, while also coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members and influencing them to take action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Managing changes in project scope during design, procurement, production, service and warranty phases of projects, to sustain success and minimize risk to the customer and the company
• Managing execution of continuous improvement plans.
• Performing active role interfacing with the client and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction, this includes working on change orders, claims and warranty work.
• Reporting to the Bogie business management on project status on a regular basis.
• Tracking project milestones and deliverables, while creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
• Defining project success criteria and disseminating them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• At least 5 years of successful experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft-Office programs is required.
• Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills required
• Must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
• Required travel: up to 25%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MBA preferred.
• Knowledge of German language is a plus.