Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 243223
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elk Grove Village
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
- MC MTS is a mature segment within MC. This position plays an important role in the development of the top line for the entire business unit. USA market is extremely important for running the global strategy of digitalization for machine tools and growth in M2.
- Work with people at all levels in the organization from senior leaders, HQ Senior management and corporate management through shop floor levels
- Expectations include a hands-on teamwork approach to problem solving, planning, operations, people management and process improvements
- Profit/Loss and Budget accountabilities including personnel travel, expenditures and other project related expenses within normal spending approval levels of authority, as established by the business
- Lead strategy, planning and execution for business segment across USA, VSS’s, and inter-company businesses. This includes the selling the CNC shop floor software through Siemens PLM into the market.
- Drives operational excellence by managing operational activities on an ongoing daily basis, exercising tight business controls. Hold people accountable and drive with KPI.
- Work closely with the executive team in the Business Unit, Division and MC HQ to define and drive a focused strategy for the expansion of key Industries, Solutions and Products
- Partner with key stakeholders, R&D and corporate marketing, as well as multiple channel and alliance partners, to develop and implement an aggressive go-to-market strategy. This includes, but is not limited to
- Development of direct sales/marketing programs
- Establish and grow the MTS software business with additional sales
- Creation and utilization of compelling marketing materials, programs and campaigns
- Ensure that the proper relationships are in place with key customers and proactively drive existing relationship upward to the highest possible level
- Develop a consistent methodology for market analysis, references, tools, programs, solution maps, messaging, planning, enablement and customer leadership forums
- Foster a strong relationship with CS, CP & FA to drive business a coordinated business approach to common customers
- BA or BS degree in a technical discipline.
- 10+ years of Management experience preferably in Sales and/or Marketing
- Background in Drives/Motion Control
- Respected and trusted leader with a proven track record of achievements, solid technical skills and exposed to change management
- Track record in leading and/or helping drive industrial sales and marketing organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can deliver persuasive presentations in a variety of settings, to include board/senior management level
- Ability to recognize the broad implications of issues. Ability to evaluate and pursue initiatives, investments, and opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies.
- Required to meet the minimum travel requirement
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- MBA or MS degree
- Background in Automotive, Aerospace, O&G, Infrastructure and/or Machine building markets