Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 243229
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
PD - LD NKN - Quality Inspector
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Quality Technician I where you will be responsible for examining materials for quality and defects. You will be assigned to work on 2nd shift reporting directly to the Quality Supervisor at our New Kensington, PA facility.
What are your responsibilities?
You will also be responsible to support all Quality projects and initiatives which include the understanding and execution of quality departmental processes utilizing engineering drawings, supplier data sheets, purchase order requirements, written inspection plans, verbal instructions and function in a team environment. In addition to one or more of the following:
- Quality Inspection Focus
- Coordinate repairs and/or questions regarding discrepancies with the appropriate department
- Perform incoming inspections/first articles on general material and perform outgoing material inspections and drive inspections
- Complete record of inspection results, acceptance, rejection and disposition. Enter basis data into log books or computer databases.
- Utilize measurement tools as required
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes organizing work area for orderliness at all times and ensuring work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
You may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
What additional tools or knowledge can assist you in this role?
- Minimum of one year manufacturing experience preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.