Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243239
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position aids in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
Assists in performing service agreement program (SA) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques. Performs minor repairs as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
High School Diploma or GED.
1+ year experience working with any of the following: electrical systems, electronics, fire alarm control room systems, laboratory equipment, preventative maintenance on other buildings systems, building facilities, etc.
Strong customer service skills Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
Associate's degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
2+ years experience operating and/or inspecting fire alarm systems.
Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems preferred
Field service and computer experience preferred
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.