Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 243244
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a Software Developer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be responsible for shaping the future by contributing to an R&D team in the domain of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) that support our nation’s infrastructure. These distributed systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will join an established agile software team that is primarily dedicated to developing a custom ATMS solution for a Siemens ITS preferred customer. You will participate in solving real-world problems, creating innovative yet reliable solutions. You will have the opportunity to build your experience in the ITS market while developing leading edge software solutions while contributing to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times in everyday traffic situations.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Develop the ATMS code base and development infrastructure, ensuring high-quality results
- Innovate the distributed architecture and product solutions to meet future requirements
- Improve and refine the development approach based on the product roadmap and goals
- Combine customers' expectations, standard specifications, and development constraints
- Harness state-of-the-art development and testing methodologies for adaptability
- Determine an optimized R&D approach to enable the next generation of technology
- Drive the professional planning, estimating, and executing of work packages
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS in Software Engineering or related STEM discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience and impact developing SW in a team setting
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience developing C++ and C#/.NET
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience regarding SW development paradigms such as agile methods, requirements engineering, SW architecture, design patterns, object-oriented development, test-driven development, integration and system testing.
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of XML and related technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of database design and MSSQL
- Demonstrable understanding of client-server systems and distributed systems
- Demonstrable understanding of UI/UX development and WPF
- Experience programming in other object-oriented languages such as Java
- Experience in development or testing of transportation-related embedded systems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.