Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 243271
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
As a Electrical Inspector, you will be working on shop inspection and testing of new Gas Turbine Packages within the industry.
- Inspection and testing gas turbine packages in the Energy Industry.
- Inspect the Package against Siemens and or client specifications, any applicable codes US and Foreign, drawings, and witness testing of equipment per related procedures.
- Inspect electrical, mechanical, and fluid systems to drawings
- Write relevant and concise reports of the inspection activities.
Complete Gas Turbines packages, comprising of Gas Turbine, Compressors, Generators, pumps, large motors, acoustic/filtration packages for gas turbine, gas seal panels, lube oil consoles, gas conditioning skids, scrubbers, low and high voltage/AC DC control panels, MCC’s, and other system related components will be assembled on our packages
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years experience in the gas turbine packaging industry or related fields with the ability to ready electrical and mechanical manufacturing drawings
- 2 years of experience with electrical inspections
- 1-2 years of experience working within an assembly/packaging environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel required, other software a plus
- Due to the nature of this position overtime is to be expected but may not always occur.
- Travel may be required up to 10% or less
- Understanding knowledge IEEE, NEC, IEC, and other related codes.
- Electrical components, mechanical components, welding of structures and piping, assembly of electrical systems and piping systems, machining of large bases, testing of the components and systems; pressure testing, and continuity, use of mechanical and electrical measuring instruments. Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel, and outlook are needed.
- Certifications or working knowledge in any of, are a plus, but not mandatory: AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME Boiler code, API 616, API 617, API 614, API 546, API 661, API 671, NFPA 70
- Certified Electrical inspector is a plus.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, P&IDs, mechanical assemble drawings