Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 243277
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
This position will be responsible for supporting sales/aftermarket/field specialist / Ops and improving and developing processes related to but not limited to the electrical components in the wind turbine. As a key member of the Advanced Operation Support team, the Electrical Specialist will be responsible for coordination within Advanced Operations Support team, skills /capabilities development, and internal department communication, in addition to individual contribution to technical cases including but not limited to work packages, execution support, up tower troubleshooting of turbine components, training of field specialists, and perform quality and safety checks.
Provide Engineering support for Aftermarket / OPS / Warranty / New Units activities:
- In the Field support for under contract & aftermarket request (TSSA)
- Coordination and execution of all electrical inspections, repairs, and replacements
- Work Package Creation
- Proposal support
- Electrical components lead (power units, generators, motors , cables, electrical cabinets, controllers, grounding, lightning, etc.)
- Support technical customer discussions (including electrical grid requirements, electrical test requirements, wind farm electrical design, etc.)
- Provide Technical Coordination for assigned primary key customers. Coordinate technical discussions for remaining customers. Prepare and assist to customer meetings (face to face or conference call, video) when requested and agreed to lead on priority topics. Provide project plans; includes project schedules, specifications, work instructions, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Provide generator, transformer, converter, and auxiliary component troubleshooting support to the field
- Coordination and execution of all drivetrain inspections, repairs, and replacements
- Support mechanical special projects internally and in the aftersales market
- Travel supporting field services
- Must be willing to travel - up to 80%
- Develop tools and procedures to internalize new repairs
- Assist logistics and repair centers with decisions regarding failed components
- Collaborate with Services Engineers to resolve complex technical issues
- Support aftersales and warranty management with associated projects
- PO creation, tracking, and final invoicing for all associated projects
- Interface with condition monitoring systems/engineers to help prioritize inspections and repairs
- Review customer claims related to Condition Monitoring
- Support the Advanced Maintenance group with various projects including large and small corrective on a variety of components
- Interface with global operations and CMS development team (analysts, product/process developers, component specialists)
- Perform or assist with failure analysis and RCA projects related to CMS failures
- Leading project jobs and manage field technicians as needed
- Support troubleshooting efforts remotely when needed
- Provide hands-on expertise with troubleshooting, repair, and exchange of complex electrical, mechanical (gears, bearings, etc), hydraulic systems (grease, oil, coolant, etc) and related inspection techniques.
- Identify process improvements; including reduction of non-value added operations, increased productivity opportunities, etc.
- Ability to work in confined / enclosed spaces and comfortable with heights.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide Engineering support for Supply Chain activities for vendor qualification /evaluation as well as technical response for material solution and dispositions.
- Coordinate with other regional engineers in order to share customer experience and issues (common issues, customer communications).
- Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to describe complex faults, participate in preparation of reports, and follow up to final resolution.
- Escalate, through the Support process and standard tools, customer issues that require resolution.
- Show professionalism, respect, and understanding when supporting wind technicians.
- Provide remote support and leadership to on-site implementation project managers, and identifies required training for technicians related to special projects.
- Document standardized business procedures and systems to support the operations; includes design reviews, product change management unit configuration records, etc.
- Identify process improvements ; including reduction of non-value added operations, increased productivity opportunities, increased safety opportunities , etc.
- Communicate with external and internal customers on project status and updates throughout all stages of project.
- Participate in rapid risk assessments to provide high level technical background of issues
- Ad-hoc Field support for under contract & aftermarket request (TSSA)
- Strong understanding or experience with FMEA of electrical heavy machinery.
- Review/finalize Inspection reports (site specific thresholds)
- Draft Inspection reports (site specific thresholds)
- Support the BOP team on the substations preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
- Work Package Creation (new failure modes)
- Instruction and Procedure Review
- Vendor interrogators
- Repair specifications
- Proposal support (improvement ideas)
- Site evaluators (physical) for sales/OOEM
- Vendor Qualifiers
- Quality and Safety Flashes
- Crisis response team
- Rapid Risk Assessment
- Customer meetings
- Remote and/or On-site support for campaigns
- On-site support for crises
- Warranty Claims Disposition
- External Customer Support
- Support for Onsite DT / NDT
- Supplier NDT
- Quality Bulletins
- Onsite tech quality control / audits
- PPE Instruction Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience: