Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243281
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an HVAC Controls Field Service Technician I to support our Service Group in Oregon. The Field Service Technician is responsible completing HVAC Controls service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Executes customer support program tasks as scheduled.
- Performs technician preventative maintenance and diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
- Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities(T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity and other necessary information daily / weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
- Participates in job site final walk through and /or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
- Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent minimum requirement) or a foundation in technology / programming background will also be considered.
- Experience in system programming, job start-up, checkout, and / or troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field
- Exposure to HVAC engineer / service technician experience is desired.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job / Career Incentives:
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation
- Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
- All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
- Extensive product training and career development
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.