Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243317
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings, SAFER, smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Fire Alarm Service Agreements business in the State of Indiana in vertical markets such as Healthcare, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities, Pharma, and Commercial Offices. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions within our direct end-user service market.
- No cap commission structure will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle with gas card, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Develop an account management plan with strategic growth objectives specifically focusing on driving fire alarm test/inspect, fire suppression, sprinkler test/inspect/repair, and fire extinguisher test/inspect/recharge or replace within Siemens existing end-user customer base and building owners with 3rd party systems installed
- Hunt/prospect within multiple vertical markets to include healthcare driving The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation process for both Siemens existing base and 3rd party systems
- Attend industry specific networking events and actively participate in organizations as a representative for SIEMENS in the market
- Educate the market and customers on SIEMENS capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with SIEMENS solutions and services
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities
- Deliver on forecasted results consistently
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement.
- 2-5 years’ experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within similar industries such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security, and Energy Efficiency is preferred, however, we will also consider talented sales professionals with technical and financial savviness and related sales experience utilizing critical thinking and influencing skills within other industries.
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners and general/electrical contractors strongly desired.
- Knowledge of fire code (NFPA 25, 72, etc.) strongly desired.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation process strongly desired.
- Must be willing and available to travel 5% overnight for training and business development.
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
As part of our recruiting process, if you are selected to move forward, our Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be reaching out to you to complete a digital interview. Our OnDemand Digital Interview will allow you to showcase your sales skills beyond your resume at your convenience!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.