Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 243328
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Staff. Software Engineer
Ultrasound of Siemens Medical Solutions USA is seeking a self-driven and highly motivated staff software engineer to be an integral part of our Applications Platform team.
The team is part of the Software Department located in Issaquah, WA facility.
The Staff Software Engineer will report to Sr. Software Manager and work to bring ultrasound innovations and applications to market. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the rapid development of software frameworks and applications into product as an individual or as part of a global team. Our mission is to be leaders in ultrasound by rapidly translating innovations into product that advance clinical care and create business value.
• Software Design Specifications – Write and review design specifications for new product features.
• Development of Medical Applications - Design, implement, review and test Ultrasound medical applications.
• Requirements Reviews - Participate in reviews of requirement specifications to ensure feasibility.
• Peer Reviews - Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
• Report Status - Regularly update management on progress and delays encountered during development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
• 7+ years of software development experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
• Excellent understanding of application programming and experience using .NET, WCF, C# and C++ is required.
• Experience with Siemens syngo platform is a plus.
• Exceptional knowledge and proven experience with Object Oriented design and development.
• Intimate understanding of Agile software lifecycles and sound software engineering practices. The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of a product from concept to delivery. Experience with TFS a plus.
• Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences.
• Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment to produce optimal results.
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
• Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause.
Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.