Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243329
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Supervises plans and organizes the activities of a team of engineers in an area of specialization. Responsible for the on time delivery of accurate configuration and connection details within the project budgets. Responsible for team to achieve targeted financial and quality results.
- Supervises the activities and performance of all design engineering within assigned area of responsibility.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects.
- Ensures schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
- Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates.
- Promotes, and ensures implementation of engineering productivity tools and practices.
- Actively coordinates engineering priorities with the Project Managers to staff in order to achieve on time completion of engineering submittals.
- Plans and justifies staffing requirements, and other investments for timely execution of assigned work.
- Provides monthly forecast.
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Maintains relationships between sales, engineering and execution teams so changes and discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, execution phases of projects.
- Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 5+ Years Experience in Engineering or Project Management.
- 3+ Years of Supervisory Experience.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.