Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 243335
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Rolling Stock Service Engineer provides technical guidance, advice and input to both internal and external stakeholders. This includes advice on: routine maintenance, restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, and modifications and repairs. In this role, you will provide engineering advice supporting rolling stock contracts in order to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens installed base.
- Assist with running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist with unscheduled repairs on locomotives including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly complex technical and troubleshooting repairs on locomotives
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high quality standards
- Develop a working relationship with the customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and /or incidents have been reported and documented in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff for troubleshooting and repair of locomotives
- Maintain compliance to all applicable safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Always ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with Siemens Rail Systems
- In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform material transactions to support the fleet as needed
- Foster a work
environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture and speak up when
necessary as a
stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
- Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical work.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering. Microsoft Office suite application to generate reports, presentations, email communications and work with spreadsheets.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Rolling stock experience
- Manufacturing experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
This includes advice on: routine maintenance, restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, and modifications and repairs. In this role, you will provide engineering advice supporting rolling stock contracts in order to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens installed base.