Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 243343
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elk Grove Village
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Mobility Inc. has an open position in the Customer Service department in an interesting railroad environment in Chicago, IL. Siemens delivered several Diesel Electric Locomotives to its Customers nationwide, operating in short and long-distance passenger service schedules. In this field, Siemens is looking for railroad experienced persons who will professionally support our customer. He or she will assist the Customer Service Department providing details on customer related inquiries, maintenance planning, system support, involving mechanical department concerns and will interact with transportation, engineering, dispatch and procurement departments for the safe, cost effective and efficient maintenance and operations of the railroad.
The Technical Development Manager is responsible for managing the direct primary customer interface for all customer fleet performance issues ensuring technical solutions are developed jointly with the customer in accordance with customer expectations to achieve optimum performance against contract KPIs. This includes advice on restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, modifications and repairs and finds a solution to the various upcoming tasks and challenges.
Applicants who want to join the Siemens Rail Services Team would be responsible for the following main tasks:
• Ensures to provide high-quality technical advice to the maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of a new locomotive fleet.
• Support our customer to plan service, maintenance, and training.
• Ensures proper communication between the customer and the service team.
• Develop and implement plans to ensure methods of operation are reviewed and continuously improved to achieve effective outcomes for the company, customer and stakeholders.
• Responsible for the development of maintenance solutions to expand and solidify commercial arrangements.
• Liaise with senior management to assign maintenance priorities and resources consistent with key customer expectations and contractual requirements
• Communicate with customer about rectification/recovery strategy,
work site, parts availability, and development, the timing for return to service and monitoring and progress status.
• Provides feedback to the team regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
• Communicate and collaborate with colleagues of different departments of the Service and Production teams.
• Have an appreciation for the impacts of cost ranging from material usage to operational efficiencies regarding the maintenance of locomotives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
• Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements.
• Excellent English language communication skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
• Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo, JD Edwards, SAP, or Siemens Cormap
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred experience: More than 5 years of experience in railway field operations.
• Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
• Ability to apply standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.
• Aptitude to understand technical information
• Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning or other rail-related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and software troubleshooting skills.