Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 243354
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Biostatistician.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Biostatistician, will be responsible for:
- Ability to develop new SAS programs and/or modify existing routines to address specific analytical needs.
- Understanding of relational database and the ability to develop/modify SQL queries
- Understanding of Immunoassay technology and techniques
- Understanding of biotech industry regulatory requirements.
- Advanced understanding of statistical methods and mathematical techniques and how to apply them in a practical way to solve problems
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams representing the statistical discipline
- Comfortable assuming ownership of issues and driving to resolution
- Working knowledge of Immunoassay technology and techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Resiliency and emotional stability under pressure
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers. Complementary skills include:
- Competence with Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of CLSI and ICH industry guidance documents
- Capable of developing statistically sound sampling plans
- Capable of preparing clear/concise data summaries and presentations
- Capable of providing statistical support for developing Validation and Verification protocols
- Capable of developing analytical protocols and rationalizing specifications around performance requirements
- Familiar with validation and verification activities of analytical SW tools
- Capable of using ODS to generate analytical graphics and reports
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Programming
- Proficient with SAS programming: 5+ years experience or SAS Certification
- Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Web Report Studio, and SAS IntrNet
- Capable of using SAS Graph to generate analytical graphics and reports
- Ability to utilize SAS Macros to improve efficiency
- Specific Statistical techniques
- Confidence Limits
- Non-linear curve fitting
- Basic hypothesis Testing: ANOVA, T-test, F-test
- Non-parametric data analysis
- Outlier Testing methodologies
- Regression techniques
- Simulation models
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.