Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243381
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Commissioning Engineer to execute and manage all phases of systems and/or service jobs to include: estimating, designing, tracking, installing, billing and customer acceptance. Reporting into the Canton, MA office, the Commissioning Engineer designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Independently lead and manage building commissioning projects from award to close-out and
- turnover to Siemens organization.
- Partner with Siemens engineering team to reviews design documents, drawings and specifications building controls system sequences and equipment submittals.
- Reviewing system controls sequences and participating in meetings to clarify and improve them.
- Generating pre-functional checklists and performing pre-functional checks of installed equipment.
- Performing construction site visits to identify and document discrepancies, including generating site visit reports summarizing each visit through all project phases.
- Writing system-specific functional performance test scripts from design control sequences.
- Leading and completing functional performance testing with Siemens technical workforce.
- Possessing thorough knowledge and understanding of building automation systems (BAS) and being able to use and manipulate BAS independently.
- Performing, documenting and troubleshooting integrated system tests.
- Generating and maintaining Commissioning Issues Reports with a focus on expediting issues
- Verifying equipment and system start-up work, and supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in all situations by being a proficient writer who can concisely communicate and manage information throughout all phases of a project.
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills by providing clear, transparent and regular updates on project statuses.
- Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule.
- Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of MEP and BAS controls systems.
- 5-10 years construction project management experience with mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, including design, controls systems integration and implementation,
- troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, balancing and facility operations
- Hands-on building automation controls commissioning, and equipment start-up and operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Associate’s Degree in Engineering preferred, however, candidates with directly related work experience and a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) will also be considered
- PE license is a plus, but not required
- Must have fully developed technical competencies related to Building Mechanical, Electrical, and building automation control systems
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified
- Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for
employment in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility
requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.