Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 243398
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Logistic LLC is seeking a Change Management Coordinator to support product lifecycle changes affecting Design, Manufacturing, and Customer Services.
This position will work with multiple cross functional teams to ensure the quality and integrity of our products changes throughout product’s life circle in accordance with each business’s group requirements.
• Establish and facilitate regular scheduled Change Control Meetings to review, communicate, and align on ECOs.
• Manage and track Request for Change (RFC) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) from creation to approved.
• Work with Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, and Customer Services throughout Siemens SPPAL organization.
• Serve as a secondary to Release Coordinator (Implementing and releasing ECO/Documentation) and other Configuration Management responsibilities when necessary.
• Suggest in the continuous improvement of the change management process and other configuration management best practices.
• Associate’s degree and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in Document/Configuration Control, or projects support, preferably in a design and manufacturing environment.
• Hands-on SAP systems experience is mandatory. Knowledge with NX/Team Center/ Jira is a plus.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel.
• Demonstrated understanding of multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, including hardware and software components.
• Process-focused and drive accountability.
• Logical problem solver and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to ensure effective change. Effective in presenting to all levels of management.
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and the ability to work with a high work load with interruptions and deadlines in an open environment.
• Must be a team player, service-oriented attitude to all levels of personnel.